In working towards providing a quality education for your child, we endeavour to:
- Observe and respond to students’ needs.
- Create and provide a comfortable and inviting, yet stimulating classroom environment.
- Ensure consistency in daily teaching routines, across classes and year levels.
- Promote high expectations and self-discipline in both academic and affective domains.
- Implement high quality teaching strategies: explicit teaching; differentiation; consolidations, checking for understanding, provide immediate feedback.
- Emphasise 100% attendance through the Everyday Counts Strategy
At Innisfail State School our whole staff are:
- Members of a professional team
- Committed to remain informed about new developments in our profession.
- Dedicated to working in partnership and communicating with parents, about their child’s education.
There are 5 classroom teachers (P-6), supported by a, Physical Education Teacher, Italian Teacher and 2 Students With Disabilities Teachers. Innisfail State Primary school also has a guidance officer on premises 2 days a week.
Teacher Aides, tutors, volunteers, parents, administration staff, a part time groundsman and cleaners support the teaching staff. Students are supported by access to a departmental speech language pathologist, physical therapist and ocupational therapist by appointment.
Innisfail State School is part of the Tablelands Johnstone District and receives additional support from Educational Advisers. Instrumental Music, Camps & Excursions and Intervention programs operate in the school.